AVIC411.com

iPhone And SlingPlayer - Will it display image on AVIC F90BT

So ignoring the fact that SlingPlayer only runs on wi-fi, assuming i was in Wi-Fi range, will the Sling Player display an image to my Pioneer unit? I can listen to pandora, I can watch videos from the iPod, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to view videos from Mobile Sling Player. I know that there's not video of Pandora when that's up which would be cause for concern.

Just curious if anyone has any idea if this would work, and if not, what type of "workarounds" are there to bypass this...

Thanks.

I don't have Slingplayer, but other apps have worked... and also videos from websites too. (when you play a video from a website, Safari on the iPhone actually launches a Quicktime player to play the movie, which will display on the video output too)

The trick is to start a video from your iPhone first. That gets the nav unit into "video" mode. Then use your iPhone to select a video (from an app, or from a website). It will display on screen np.

• 2 weeks later...

If you try to use youtube while plugged in, it doesn't work. If you run a video form your iphone, and then attempt to run youtube, it plays the video. I know someone mentioned something like this earlier.

Has anyone given this a shot? Run a video from their ipod and then attempt to run slingplayer?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can tell you it does work using the HTC Fuze's TV-Out and the f700bt. I will tell you a consistent connection like wi-fi is a must, because driving on the go will not hold a strong and consistent enough data signal from you phone. I tried it with my data connection and it was jumpy at best while on the move, but not too bad when sitting still. With the iphone I believe you must use slingplayer over wifi anyway, so it should display as long as you have a tv-out software downloaded. It will not work through the front aux-in, but will work through any of the rear RCA audio/video in's.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've used this method to watch TV on my F900BT. I start playing a video as normal but I then enter Safari and log onto iphonetvcatcup.com and start watching one of the channels. Very hit and miss though as sometimes it plays correctly and other times it plays the video for about 3 seconds then the screen goes blank and you only get sound.

I've used this method to watch TV on my F900BT. I start playing a video as normal but I then enter Safari and log onto iphonetvcatcup.com and start watching one of the channels. Very hit and miss though as sometimes it plays correctly and other times it plays the video for about 3 seconds then the screen goes blank and you only get sound.

The only time I see that is with video apps that are limited by AT&T to terminate the video signal when there is heavy traffic on AT&T's network. There may be a way AT&T can do the same through the Safari browser as well when there is heavy traffic.

The only time I see that is with video apps that are limited by AT&T to terminate the video signal when there is heavy traffic on AT&T's network. There may be a way AT&T can do the same through the Safari browser as well when there is heavy traffic.

I'm in the UK so I don't think that would apply here. As I said I can get it work maybe 7 out of 10 attempts.