AVIC411.com

How to Upgrade 2009 map on more than 1 unit?

I just purchased the new 2009 map, but I have 2 Z3 units in 2 of my cars (and thinking about buying one more for my 3rd car). I notice when I upgrade my map, I have to activate it base on the device id, so I can't use the same map disk on my second car. Does anybody know how I can turn "off" the activation feature?

You can install it on 1 of the units by generating the codes. After it installed, use acronis home to make a back up image of the first 2 partitions. Then restore the two partitions onto the 2nd drive. This will only work because your drives are unlocked...

Great! So, does that means that the activation info. is on the first two partitions, so it carry over to the second drive, therfore I don't have to activate on the 2nd drive? But the checking of the device id is on the last two partition, and it's left untouch on the 2nd drive, therefore it works? I'm a very technical person and like to understand how it really works. Thanks alot for the info!