AVIC411.com

Rear sp question

I just installed the x910, and had a question about the "Rear SP". I have a aftermarket amp and sub setup on the sub rca. Will when I first turned the power on the sub from the head unit I wasn't getting much out of the sub, but the rear deck speakers where putting out crazy bass. Initially the rear sp was set to "Sub W". Later I read in the manual that the sub w setting you can connect a rear speaker lead directly to a sub without using an auxiliary amp. So i am assuming that when you turn the sub on it increases power the to rear speaker channel with sub w on? Now I went back and chaged the rear sp setting to full and now the sub puts out like it should. My question is can some one tell me what this setting acually does when set to sub w and full.

The rear speaker output on Pioneer decks has been able to support a subwoofer for a long time. When set to sub the rear speaker output uses the internal crossover to output only bass and I believe also bridges the rear channel of the built in amp to provide extra power required to drive a sub. Once you turn the rear speaker to full you can then turn the subwoofer (RCA) on or off and adjust the crossover etc.