AVIC411.com

Where the hell is the UK 3.0 firmware and map ugrade

I didn't , after several phone calls to complain about the out of date maps(2007), sluggish key response etc and in my opinion this made it unfit for purpose (the street where the Halfords shop I bought the F900 from was not even on their map) they agreed to free issue me the ver 3 pack of two SD cards, it fixed 90% of my gripes and the others were fixed using advice and mods supplied by the good people on this site.

I had previously downloaded Tomolas Ver3 and tried it out so I knew I would be happy with ver 3 and some minor mods from here, my F900 now performs like i expected it to when I bought it.

Right i spoke with someone in customer relations today about the price and he agreed that depending on retailer its going for £150-£175. nearly 3 times more than the deal the Americans got!

Expressed politely how pissed off i am and he told me to write in and complain and i may get lucky and get it free or at a reduced price. Told him i shouldn't have to do that in the first place as it should of been priced correctly.

really not happy. Another case of Brits getting screwed financially

• 4 weeks later...
Right i spoke with someone in customer relations today about the price and he agreed that depending on retailer its going for £150-£175. nearly 3 times more than the deal the Americans got!

Expressed politely how pissed off i am and he told me to write in and complain and i may get lucky and get it free or at a reduced price. Told him i shouldn't have to do that in the first place as it should of been priced correctly.

really not happy. Another case of Brits getting screwed financially

Well one letter of complaint and a few phones calls to customer relations and I have received my free firmware and map update SD cards. now just got to install them.