AVIC411.com

True/Full Software Bypass?

Hey everyone,

First off, I just want to thank you all for the work you've put in. I'm very new to this whole thing. I just got a f90bt installed last week. At first, I just wanted to figure out why some of the icons on the screen were greyed out... now I've discovered a whole new world of possibilities to play with and I'm very grateful for the effort that you all have put in and what I've already learned from you.

My question is, has there really been no progress on a full software bypass to the handbrake issue? I saw that there's a software hack to up the maximum speed from 16 to 128mph which is great, but you still need to ground the brake. Seems to me there's got to be a way to just tell the unit to ignore the input from the handbrake pin and to make it just always think it's a 1, or 0... whichever it needs. No ones' tried to figure that out? Or did you guys try and give it?

Thanks in advance guys.

The hardware bypass works. Why would you need or want a software bypass?

Why go to the trouble of pulling my unit out, after a professional install, and jacking with hardware if there's a software solution? I always prefer a passive/nuanced solution to brute force.

I take by the silence, though, that no one has found it yet...

well there are two way to bypass the unit already and tons of people screw them up every day. why reinvent the wheel when the round one rolls great. also i dont think i can handle anymore of the bypass doesnt work threads and all the bricking that will follow

and no one that has ever did the hardware bypass by moving pins would ever call that brute force, it takes more finess then you would think

The hardware bypass works. Why would you need or want a software bypass?

Why go to the trouble of pulling my unit out, after a professional install, and jacking with hardware if there's a software solution? I always prefer a passive/nuanced solution to brute force.

I take by the silence, though, that no one has found it yet...

The hardware bypass is brilliantly simple, and you do it RIGHT, and that's when you do the install and it takes only additional seconds at best, minutes if you're a klutz.

I agree with 1loudls, folks can't manage the simple hardware bypass and you want them messing around in software? there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

• 4 weeks later...