AVIC411.com

Touchscreen Doesn't Work - AVIC-D1

About a month ago the target icon on my map would start to wonder. Id just be driving, and it would think I hit something, despite both hands on the wheel, and fly over places. I figured the screen was just dirty. Eventually it got to where when I pressed buttons, it would recognize, and assumed I touched somewhere else on the map. Again, I just thought it was dirty.

Today Im driving home from work (had no problems with it at all earlier today) but I cant exit out of the "do not operate while moving warning screen." Normally, Id just hit "ok" and view the map, but it wouldnt recognize me hitting it. Since the real buttons work, I changed to CD, and tried to change songs using the touchscreen, rather than the real buttons. No such luck. no matter what button I pushed, nothing would happen. I switched to Map again, and the warning screen still appeared. What good is having a navigational system, if you cant even see the map due to the warning that wont go away?

I turned the car off, cleaned the screen with a lightly moist towel, then turn the car back on again. No such luck. I obviously cant hit the "restore factory settings" button, since the touchscreen doesnt work. And I havent disconnected the battery yet. Just wanted some peoples ideas on what I should do.

• 3 months later...

It's now been 5 months and the problem still exists. It seems to be worse now. It works 40% of the time and I don't even bother with the navigation since it constantly is in fly-by mode (it's even wondered into other states!) is there a moisture problem? An electrical problem? The battery has been disconnected several time since my last reply.