AVIC411.com

Setting Default City in 3.0

After upgrading to 3.0, my default city for looking up addresses became Buffalo, NY. That's an hours drive away from my home town. My home address is entered as a Rochester, NY address. Does anyone know how to change to default city? It's a real pain to have too change it to Rochester every time I have to look up a local location, which is the majority of the time. My car has never been to Buffalo, so I have no idea how that became the default.

I've gone through several mods and resets and it's always the same. I use the IDT mods and I delete all of my user data each time I 'upgrade' to his latest mod. There is mention in your sys txt about default location. I just don't know the coordinates of my current location to change it. My default city is Columbus Ohio, about 110 miles away from my city.

It's not a problem with the antenna, the GPS works great! The only problem I am having (knock on wood) with the 3.0 upgrade is the default city is locked on Buffalo. I can change it to another city and it will find and route me to the selected locations, but the next time I go to input another location, it comes up with Buffalo as the default.

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue, it gives me Toronto instead of Ottawa as the default. My home address in an Ottawa address and I have used the Nav 100's of times in the city (I get lost otherwise) and still, default Toronto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HR

Move to Toronto........ (sorry, I couldn't help it) :D

I called Pioneer and they said that is the way the new system works. First she told me that "it defaults to the capital of the state", and I asked her what year our capital of NY changed from Albany to Buffalo? LOL What I do is just to the right of the default city is: HISTORY, just a touch there and you can hit your home town. Not a fix, but a quick work around.

Haha, I think my mom would be happy if I moved back there but my wife might kill me! :lol:

HR

I have the same issue, it gives me Toronto instead of Ottawa as the default. My home address in an Ottawa address and I have used the Nav 100's of times in the city (I get lost otherwise) and still, default Toronto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HR

Move to Toronto........ (sorry, I couldn't help it) :D