AVIC411.com

ok now that I got the legit update from pioneer, can i ...

I dont know what you mean... cant I just dl it of the pioneer website? I already have the legit 3.0 installed....why would I still need my id and pw?

You can download it off the pioneer website, but you may need the info to install it. I was in a weird predicament in that I could not get the legit version to install no matter what. I then went and installed the hacked version and it works great. I phoned Pioneer and told them what I did as I have used up my device ID and password on my initial install attempt, and the password is for my device only. They said that I can have the hacked version but I will need my device ID and password to upgrade to 3.01. They said it did not matter because my device ID is matched to my receiver and it shows that I have a legit install for future updates

whats good about the 3.1 update?

....nothing much, that is why I havent even bothered to upload it. This is from Pioneer:

This firmware update (version 3.0101) contains important performance improvements relating to theMap display, Track Log data, “Delete All User Data” feature, iPod Alphabetical Search, and enhanced reliability during firmware update process.

whats good about the 3.1 update?

....nothing much, that is why I havent even bothered to upload it. This is from Pioneer:

This firmware update (version 3.0101) contains important performance improvements relating to theMap display, Track Log data, “Delete All User Data” feature, iPod Alphabetical Search, and enhanced reliability during firmware update process.

Im just looking at the UnitedStates.dem file from the 3.0 legit flash and its 116.6mb and the one from the AVIC_X-Series_Firmware_Update 3.01 is 121.5mb

think anything better lerks in there?

yes, you should be fine. Probably don't need a pw or key or anything, just extract the folder to the root of your sd card, put it in your system and see what happens. Check out my post here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27590. It deals with upgrading from the alternate 3.0 but the process should still be the same. I recommend keeping it up to date, for example I use my iPod with my Avic F700 all the time, and "problems with the alphabetical order" would have driven me crazy. Its up to you to update. Check my other post, either way you should be fine.