AVIC411.com

factory reset/restore.

I don't know the definitive answer,But my guess would be no,the hacks wouldn't be removed.I can't see how a factory reset could rewrite data.zip etc.I don't think the unit keeps aback up of original files,that is why so many units end up bricked.Like I say I don't know,but that's my opinion... :)

thats my guess to...but at the same time...i think differ. whenever someone mods the unit and u hop on test mode...it tends to clear out the previous mods and brining it back to factory state or sort of speak. i mightve read this wrong tho. ill find out in few mins lol

thanks!

haha..i mustve read wrong. anyways. factory resetting doesnt effect the mods.

heres my main problem. when i plug the ipod or usb in, it doesnt do anything. as if its not connected. i checked the usb cable (going to the headunit) and its fine(took it apart and tested each pin to pin). im so clueless why it doesnt work anymore.

the reason i did the factory reset is cause usb wouldnt responds(usb thumb drive or ipod) i took apart the unit thinking its the usb cable but it wasnt. took a multimeter and did a test and its fine.

i would be able to recharge my ipod without having the need to switch to ipod for input1. it worked fine a week ago, and now it doesnt do anything.

im starting to think its a hardware issue.