AVIC411.com

MSN Trial with ND-MDT10?

Hey all,

Just ordered my Z110 and the ND-MDT10 to replace my F700BT with 3.0 that I could no longer tolerate. For those that have the ND-MDT10, did it come with any kind of trial subscription? I know that the F900/F90s came with a 3 month trial. On the MSN Direct site, it says that all navs that come with an MSN tuner have a 3 month trial subscription and that all standalone MSN tuners come with a full year of service included. I would assume that the ND-MDT10 would count as the latter and have a 1 year subscription, but I cannot find ANY information on a trial of any kind on Pioneer's site, Amazon, or Crutchfield. I guess that this product is still VERY new so lack of solid info is to be expected. Thanks for any responses.

It comes with a 3 month trial. There site is misleading and I had a thirty minute argument with them on the phone about the misleading info. At that time on their site, it even said specifically that it offered a 12 month trail. They have sense removed that typo on their site.

Thanks for the response! I can't wait to get this thing installed. I am friends with a guy at a local stereo shop. He let me test out his Z110BT this week and I must say that I can not wait. The boot time, the responsiveness of the screen, and the voice control of the nav are awesome. Seems like the closest thing to a flawless in-dash nav at this time (Flawless as in that the features that it advertises actually work).

Yes, it is a certain improvement from the AVIC D3, DNX8120, AVIC F90BT, and DNX9140 units I have went through over the last year plus. I know you can relate as you have been through as many units. I still actually like some of the features of the F series that the Z doesn't have but over all I am impressed with the unit. The recently released AVIC FEEDS iphone app is an awesome addition to this unit as well.

Lol, yeah, I've been through a lot.

Avic-D3 (Jul 07) -> DNX5120 (Dec 07) -> F700BT (Jun 08) -> F90BT (jun 08*) -> DNX8120 (Jun 08) -> F700BT (Oct 08 for 2.0 update) -> Z110BT (Oct 09)

*Thought the 700BT was defective so I exchanged it for the 90BT a day later*

The Z110 seems to have the speed, polished interface, and features that I have been looking for. The 9140 was a close second but the bugs that I read about threw me off with the iPod. Also the VR on the Kenwood seems very cheesy with the whole number based commands. The Z110 definitely seems to have it beat in that respect. One thing I could never stand on the Kenwood decks is the menu systems and how many button presses it takes to simply go to the next track while on the map screen. It offers a lot in control over every aspect of the system but still have nightmares over flipping through the pages and pages of menu options on the 8120. Hopefully the Z110BT does it for me. It seems that it will from the hour or so that I played with it this past week. I am getting tired of opening my dash and my harness wires are growing shorter and shorter from each install.