AVIC411.com

This website does not condone piracy.

Although I do feel like Pioneer shafted the Avic F-series only after a couple of months before coming out with a new model, buying the update would be the best thing to do. If that doesn't work, like it didn't for alot of people, then I wouldn't feel bad about trying the "unofficial" update.

1. The "unofficial" version was made for those people who bought the "official" update and it failed while installing. (correct me if i'm wrong)

2.There are no differences between the "unofficial" and "official" versions that you will be able to tell, and if you follow my guide here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27590, you can install the "official" 3.01 after you install the "unofficial" version 3.0.

Just know that there is a little bit more to installing the "unofficial" version and that if you mess your Pioneer unit up in the process, it is not covered in your warranty. If you were like me and your Avic bricked itself, upgrading seemed to be the only option because I could find all the files needed to revive it on here with the 3.0 tutorial.

I hope this answers your question, but try not to pirate.

-Hagan

You can get the unofficial version here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751

There is no difference between the official and unofficial that I can see. I purchased the official and I could not install it as my system got froze at the startup screen. By then I already had my device ID and password registered so I thought I was screwed. I then installed the unofficial version and all is good. i called Pioneer, told them what I did as I had to get my system up, and they said that it is no problem as I have already paid for my version and got a device ID and password which I will need for updates, however, with the unofficial version, you cannot get updates as you will need your device ID and password. There is a crack or a way to get the update here on an unofficial setup, and there probably always will be.