AVIC411.com

Installed Diaftia's mods now problems...

I installed the Diaftia mods and when I restarted my unit it says, "System is starting. Please wait."

After saying that for about 2-3 mins the unit restarts.

I created a back up of my flash disk so that I could restore it but, believe it or not, my damn dog ate the SD card with the backup on it.

What can I do??? Thanks!!

btw, I'm a newbie at this which could be part of the problem. Thanks again for the help.

I installed the Diaftia mods and when I restarted my unit it says, "System is starting. Please wait."

After saying that for about 2-3 mins the unit restarts.

I created a back up of my flash disk so that I could restore it but, believe it or not, my damn dog ate the SD card with the backup on it.

What can I do??? Thanks!!

btw, I'm a newbie at this which could be part of the problem. Thanks again for the help.

you just might have missed adding something,

diaftia is very very good and what he does so i doubt it is his problem. he has helped me in so many ways, so it may just be like IDT said you missed something. No big deal, you can find places on the forum where you can download a fresh new my flash disk, and i guess you are either gonna have to make the dog regurgitate the sd card or buy a new one lol

diaftia is very very good and what he does so i doubt it is his problem. he has helped me in so many ways, so it may just be like IDT said you missed something. No big deal, you can find places on the forum where you can download a fresh new my flash disk, and i guess you are either gonna have to make the dog regurgitate the sd card or buy a new one lol

UPDATE:

I did this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

which is the 3.0 upgrade w/ IDT 3.5.

Everything went just like the how-to but after I hit the restart button for 5 seconds all my unit will do is display splash screen and then restart.

What do I do? :((

Is my unit fried?

first off, IDT 3.5 was just used as a name and just want to clarify that this did not come from me,

what mods did you have prior to this happening?

I didn't have any mods installed at all. I tried installing Diaftia's mods first. Those failed so I tried installing the new firmware and the IDT 3.5 mods (sorry if I'm using the name incorrectly).

After I restarted after installed the 3.5 mods, my unit will just start, show the splash screen and then restart.

However, I can still get into testmode so I feel like maybe there is still hope.

Any ideas? Should I just buy the 3.0 update from Pioneer and that will fix my problems?

I'm about to go out of town so I'll be on the road for like 6 hours each way. I would HATE to not have music or GPS on the trip. PLEASE HELP!

Oh, I missed that on the first read.

I can tell you this: I lost one of my cards (I have two) but was able to install to both of my cars using the same SD cards. I just needed a different password for each install. Luckily the password was the one thing I did not lose. If there is someone you could borrow an install card from, and IF you still have your passwords provided by Pioneer, if should reinstall.

Oh, I missed that on the first read.

I can tell you this: I lost one of my cards (I have two) but was able to install to both of my cars using the same SD cards. I just needed a different password for each install. Luckily the password was the one thing I did not lose. If there is someone you could borrow an install card from, and IF you still have your passwords provided by Pioneer, if should reinstall.

You mean the password that had to be set when the unit was first installed? Other than that I do not remember anything to do with a password...

If I were to buy the $120 Pioneer 3.0 Firmware update, would that fix it?

Maybe this is too obvious but did you upgrade your firmware to 3.01 first?

No. I didn't. I did "upgrade" to 3.0 prior to installing the IDT v3.5 mods though. I put upgrade in quotes because I'm not sure that the actual upgrade was successful.

I just stumbled across this website again. I've had the f90bt since this past May and I'm just now getting into modding it.

BUT!!! I finally did a full factory restore and everything is working fine again. Although, I am back to firmware version 2.0.

I guess I'm going to try the update again. Any suggestions before I try and tackle this again?