AVIC411.com

Cant Enter Testmode

Hi,

Iam trying to enter the testmode to backup my F500BT headunit. I read the sticky in Hacks on how to enter testmode and downloaded the zip file. When I boot my unit with testmode SD card, it copies the file ok, but when I press the X on the upper right corner, nothing happens. I tried the screen calibaration and rebooted with the same result.

I see in the sticky it is mentioned to turn on the engine to boot the unit. Is this necessary? Iam trying to boot the unit of a wall charger. Is this the reason I cant enter testmode? My unit's is running version 2.006. Will this version boot into testmode, or do I need testmode 2.3?

Thanks in Advance.

Seeker

Update: I didn't get a stylus as a part of my avic package, so I assumed I can use my finger to select. I guess the icons are too small for finger touch. When I used a stylus (mechanical pencil with lead retracted), it worked and I was able to backup my device. It does work off the AC charger also.

Did every body a stylus as part of the avic package? Or, is it only me who didn't get one?

:D