AVIC411.com

Major navigation issues

Is anyone else experiencing bizarre navigation directions from their Z110BT?? I FINALLY got a chance to use the navigation function of this deck to go to a friends house up in Cerritos and the directions it gave me was nothing close to what my OEM Navi unit in my Acura TL gives. It had me going on side streets for over 5 miles instead of taking the freeway and even wanted me to get off on some exit that did not even exist when I was on the freeway. What's worse, on the way home just for the hell of it I tried the "return home" option to see how that worked. It literally had me going in the exact opposite direction of a major blvd. once I hit my exit. Specifically, I live off of Beach and Adams in Huntington Beach, which is about a mile from the ocean. When you take the 405 to get to Beach Blvd. you have to go sough on Beach for about 4 or 5 miles to get to Adams St. It wanted me to go NORTH on Beach Blvd. That on top of last nights bizarre directions has me VERY upset with the navigation "logic" (if you can really call it that??) this deck possesses. I'll likely be visiting my friends in Cerritos again, so I'll see what it says or try to get some pictures of it's directions using the profile function.

Has anyone else experienced any type of similar issues with the navigation directions? I might just contact Pioneer about this as having a $1800 navigation deck tell you to go in the exact opposite direction of your destination is entirely unacceptable. I should have taken a picture of it last night but I was (obviously) driving. And FYI, I didn't make any manual adjustments to the route, I hit "return home" and started following directions.

Overall the difficulty between using this unit vs. the one in my TL is mindblowing. I always liked the interface in my acura but I had no idea how spoiled I was until I purchased this Pioneer for my sports car. Simple things like only allowing valid entries while inputting a street name in a particular city (with the use of disappearing letters) I totally took for granted. I'm completely floored that Pioneer would even release such a navi product like this. Are all Pioneer navigation decks equally as bad?? I heard they were good but this thing is just atrocious. It's so bad I am seriously contemplating selling it for something else.