AVIC411.com

general x910bt questions

I just got mine installed this past weekend in my 2009 Chevy Malibu. Works great so far, and man do the speakers sound incredibly better.

1. If you import contacts from the iPhone and the contact had an address listed is there anyway to have it route you to the address or do I have to type it in manually and add it as a favorite?

2. How do you use the aux input? I couldnt find anything to set that as the audio source. Generally it isnt an issue since I have the iPhone, but a friend wanted to connect his sony mp3 player and I couldnt figure out how.

3. I noticed that it showed my firmware revision as 3.020000. Is this the latest version?

4. When playing music from the iPhone I see the picture of the cover art. When I click the cover art and it gets bigger it looks like crap, can that be fixed? Or is that caused by the iPhone/iTunes?

5. I have no audio for my blinkers now. I purchased the correct Gm adapter, and the door chimes do work, but not the blinkers. Not sure what to do about this or if it's even a big deal.

thanks for any info!

1) no

2) you need to go into Settings, then AV Settings and tap AUX2 until is says "VIDEO". AUX2 will not be highlighted at the bottom of your source screen

3)i was told by pioneer that the current X910s are getting a software update before being shipped so 3.02 must be the that new software. right now only 3.01 is available on their website.

4) 4 that is normal. not sure why its like that but there is no way to fix it as far as i know

5) not totally sure but it could be that the volume adjustment on the GM adapter needs to be turned up since the door chime is typically louder than the turn signals. or it could be that the GM adapter is bad.

Thanks so much for the helps. AV2 was set for off, I didnt even think to look at those settings. As for the blinker I called the shop that did the install and was told there is a relay that can be installed in order to get the audible click for the blinkers. I think it's BS, but I'm not worried about it at this point. It does still chime if you leave the blinker on too long, and the door chimes work just fine. Oh and the firmware is definitely 3.02, i checked it again, i'm not reading it wrong.

I have a new question though. Anyone know the max size SD card that will work with this unit? I have a 2GB now, but I've seen some as high as 32, just curious about it. i doubt I'd actually use it.

i never use the SD card but I have read posts from people who are using 16gb and 32gb. although, it may vary from brand to brand of SD card. one brand's 32gb may work where another brand's 32gb will not.

there is a post somewhere listing the size and brands of SD cards people are using.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I have a 4gb card and I appear to have plenty of room on that.

Another fun fact. I bought a used ipod classic 80gb on ebay for 100 bucks. I didnt like keeping my iphone in the glovebox and needing to constantly plug it in so I got this to load it with all my music and just leave it in the car. I noticed that when tap on the album art it now doesnt get all distorted/blurry like it did with the iphone. Not sure what the difference is between the two but I'm glad it works better now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an ipod touch 64gb and also have the frustrating album art issue. I had avic 910's installed in both my company trucks and my employee has a 160 Ipod classic, his art shows perfectly.

Pioneer advertises that there artwork will "display beautifully" and is compatible with Ipod touch and Iphone. As we have all seen this is not the case.

I am 99% sure that this issue is thumbnail related and specifically determined by which ipod you're using, it seems the Ipod touch and Iphone are susceptible to this problem.

I am sure there is a way to rectify this, and if every one on this board called pioneer at 1.800.421.1404 AND filled out this form on their site: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/AboutPioneer/Contact+Us

they would issue a firmware update to rectify. If you are within you're warranty period I would specifically mention this to Pioneer, as whether intentional or not, these units do not work as advertised.

And buy all means, if anyone discovers a workaround/fix, please share. Also if you all have contacted Pioneer and gotten nowhere, please let me know ASAP, as I'll probably return mine.

you'd actually go through the hassle of returning your entire nav because the resolution on the album art isnt great when you view the enlarged image on the nav screen? thats pretty rediculous considering the smaller album art thumbnail is what you see 95% of the time and looks perfectly fine. if you return it what will you replace it with? a Kenwood or Eclipse that doesnt show album art at all?