AVIC411.com

Hooking up an Xbox 360

yes you will need a power inverter to power the XBox off of the car, then the XBox will connect to either video 1 with standard RCA cables (as long as you dont have a IPod hooked up to it) or video 2 with and "RCA to video mini cable"(the front aux in)

i'm not sure how many of you have tried to use the front video input, but it seems virtually useless for video. i ordered the cable from pioneer and attempted to hook up a ps2. all i got was static and a fuzzy flashing image of the ps2 startup screen. i tried a new cable and it was the same story. hopefully you'll have better luck...

Hooking up your 360 should be a straight forward operation, depending on where you place the 360. Your 360 has the composite video (yellow) and L(red)/R(white) sound rca's. Just plug those into the harness that comes from the back of your AVIC. You probably already know that you will have to set the switch on the 360 cord to non-hdtv as the signal your AVIC can receive is not progressive.

If your 360 wires will not reach the AVIC harness because of where you have it placed, you can just use 3 RCA couplers(radio shack) that are female on both ends and find a spare A/V cord to extend the cables or go to wallyworld to purchase one.

I would think the hardest part of the intallation would be finding a DC/AC converter hefty enough to power the 360 and being able to afford it. Not to mention the drain it would put on your battery when the car is not running. You could probably find the power requirements on the back/bottom of the 360 or the power brick. I'm no expert, but I would make sure you leave some headroom when deciding which converter to buy.

good luck

im looking to hook it up in the back of the unit but idk wat cords are the best or where to get them if someone could send a link of exactly what im looking for that would be great

the video cords that come with the XBox is what you need, or any XBOX COMPOSITE VIDEO cable.

• 2 weeks later...