AVIC411.com

SWI-PS issues with z110-bt

I have a 2009 Chevy Conversion van with the same steering wheel interface as the Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe... After ALOT of programming and REprogramming, I have finally got the SWIPS to respond kindasorta ok.

Biggest issues are intermittent latency in response... especially with the MUTE/ATT button and the VOL buttons. The TrackUP/Down, SOURCE, and Category> button respond much better than the above. Unfortunately, I can seem to get the MUTE button to function as the "VR" button, and have to press the button on the HU to get that to activate.

Is this something do to how I programmed it, or is this a common thing with the SWIPS and GM autos? Any advice would be appreciated!

This is a common problem with these modules. The best remedy is to make sure you have a good ground. This problem is do to slight voltage fluctuations that regularly occur in your vehicle. What worked for me was to ground the module straight to the battery and then reprogram it afterwards. That took the module from only working about 30-50% of the time to about 95% of the time. Unfortunately there is no support for the VR with the PAC modules so there is nothing you can do there.

This is a common problem with these modules. The best remedy is to make sure you have a good ground. This problem is do to slight voltage fluctuations that regularly occur in your vehicle. What worked for me was to ground the module straight to the battery and then reprogram it afterwards. That took the module from only working about 30-50% of the time to about 95% of the time. Unfortunately there is no support for the VR with the PAC modules so there is nothing you can do there.

Thanks for the reply... is there any module that works with the GMs that DOES provide the VR button?

I don't think the lack of VR is a SWI-PS issue, but more of a lack of support from Pioneer. If they would accept a VR command via the steering wheel controls input, then the SWI-PS would then support it. If this is indeed the case, then no steering wheel controls adapter will support the VR command.

BTW if you are reaching for the VR button on the headunit to use the voice 'mute' command, just hold the VR button in for few seconds and the Z110bt will mute.

Unfortunately there is no support for the VR with the PAC modules so there is nothing you can do there.

VBLUE42, from your vids it appears that you are using a steeringwheel control for your VR button... if this is the case, what interface are you using, since it obviously is not a PAC product?

Unfortunately there is no support for the VR with the PAC modules so there is nothing you can do there.

VBLUE42, from your vids it appears that you are using a steeringwheel control for your VR button... if this is the case, what interface are you using, since it obviously is not a PAC product?

No I was using the VR button on the unit. As stated above, the lack of support for remote VR is on Pioneer's end, not PAC. I have verified that through PAC support.

• 1 month later...

I just finished installing Z110 with pac swi-ps in 2007 hyundai santa fe and programmed my mute button on steering to VR. For that you have to have swi-ps version 1.6.7 onwards which supports answer call, end call, phone status and VR.

Let me know if you need any help with it. I may try my best to guide you.

ah thanks for the reply, i hope a firmware update will fix this..

We've been hoping for that for the F series for years now.

You'd think Pioneer would have the brains to figure out that programming the seek up/down to do preset up/down in FM mode is the logical thing to do. :roll: With rare exception, everybody in the rest of the car audio world has figured this out.