AVIC411.com

Single Volume for all sound

I am new to owning an Avic and I just installed my X910BT a couple of weeks ago. I have searched the unit and the web and the forum. I am wondering if there is a way to just have all features use one master volume level. It's pretty annoying to have to set Nav and Phone volume separately. How could I possibly know what the conditions would be at all times ahead of time when I want to use those features. The other day someone called me on my work phone while I was listening to XM but had the NAV going as well. Well, when I answered the phone I turned down the radio, but a couple of seconds later the Nav is trying to give me directions even though the unit was all the way down. Really annoying. Thanks ahead of time for any insight you might be able to offer.

Does the radio / XM / iPod not mute when you receive an incoming call? -It does on mine....

Other than that, I totally agree that it would be super nice to have the master volume control ALL sound, including the nav voice and phone. Some OEM navigation systems do this (I have first hand experience with Audi's Navi systems)

Yeah...I should have clarified. My work phone is a Blackberry I don't have connected to the unit. So when I received the call, I turned down the volume on the radio, but the Nav continued to speak at the regular level.

I just wonder why you wouldn't want the volume knob to control all sound regardless of the source. If I want to turn down the radio, chances are you don't want Nav Instructions sounding off either. IMO.