AVIC411.com

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Hey All,

I have been kicking around the idea for sometime now and am getting closer and closer to purchasing the Z110BT. Can anyone lead me into the right direction on what harness and extra accessories I will need to purchase to keep my existing factory door chimes, onstar, and steering wheel controls... Also, can I use my factory XM antenna if I purchase the XM receiver? And lastly do I need to purchase an extension or anything for my regular AM /FM radio antenna? I have a 2008 Chevy crewcab 2500HD truck. Thanks for all the help, I truly appreciate any help you all can provide... :D

I just did the install on my 09 Chevy 1500 Conversion van, so yours it probably similar...

For your GMOS-LAN harness, you can go here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/product/ ... gmos&ssi=0

Type in your truck info, and it will tell you which one you need.

For your FM antenna, you will need an adaptor... the guys at my local stereo shop knew i needed it and sold it to me for $20 or so. I cant remeber the name of it, but you can probably just call a local shop or even Best Buy if they do installs and get it.

For your XM ant. you should be able to use the same antenna, but you might need to unsnap the plastic enclosure around the metal antenna plug to get it to fit in the GEXP920XM.

I highly recommend the IPOD cable, and you might want to consider the MSN direct since its easy to install and to addit later means ripping open your dash to get to the FM antenna.

For steering wheel, you will need the SWI-PS from PAC... its tempermental but it mostly works.

I am not the one to ask about MSN.... i live about 10-20 miles north of its reception range, and bought it for when I travel to the Twin Cities several times per year. I dont think its even received an activation signal yet... Do a search here and youll find several threads on it, and it appears that most who have it enjoy it, although that some have said its traffic updates are more temperamental than the XM Traffic on other units. Its updates are directly on the Map from what I understand.

But, I would defer more details about that to those who have used it...

Good luck with your install!

I forgot to add above... you'll also need a dashkit to make the radio fit.

I *think* its the Metra 95-3305, unless you have a Silverado "Classic" model.... once again, a local install shop can confirm for you which install kit you need. It will run you around $20 or so as well.