AVIC411.com

iPhone 3G connecting intermittantly to F90BT

Hi all,

I'm having a problem that makes me want to smash my F90-BT and hoping I could get some help. My iPhone 16 GB 3G (firmware ver 2.2.1 - to work with my unlock card) will only connect some of the time - in order to get it to work most of the time I have to power it off / on or reset the Pioneer. I have the cables connected properly and the bluetooth works fine all the time but often when I plug in the iPhone nothing happens.

It is so frustrating because the boot time on the unit is so long that I find myself already on the road trying to unplug / replug the iPhone until it connects or even reseting the F90-BT.

I have seen other posts but none seem to have helped so I am wondering if there is any update on this. I was thinking the 3.0 firmware might help but I saw another post stating that it gave someone connectivity problems with their iPhone after they upgraded.

Conversely the Kenwood in my other car connects in 2 seconds 100% of the time.

Thanks..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'm kicking myself on this one. :oops: It seems that the intermittent issue is caused by the iPhone being locked. When I enter my password before plugging it in everything seems to work fine.

It took me a while to figure it out because it seems to connect some of the time when it was locked. So far so good.