AVIC411.com

Proper wiring technique?

So I've always installed all my own head units. And they've all always worked fine, however in reading threads here I've noticed a lot of people talking about soldering... ya, um, I never do that. Butt connectors and electrical tape has always been my method.

Does anyone here know of a thread or reference one could look at for a HOW-TO on proper wiring? I.E. grounding, harness pairing, etc.

This is probably a stupid question, but thats what I'm here for!

Cheers, JR

Ive installed all my own units for 15 years and never soldered and never had a problem. The first time I actually soldered was when I installed the PAC SWI-PS last March. It requires a resistor to be soldered to the negative wire. I have allways used splicing caps or connectors. Granted, soldering is best but in my opinion not a must to do a proper install. As long as your not going to be going in and out of your dash a lot and causeing stress on the connections I wouldn't worry about it. Go with what you know. If you deviate now from what has worked for you all this time you stand a greater chance of something going wrong. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.