AVIC411.com

Pioneer Z2 Boot Up Issue

I went out to my truck this morning and started it up and looked over and the screen was stuck on the Pioneer splash screen. I tried to cycle the ingnition key a couple of times and even did the master reset and it still locks up on the splash screen. I am getting sound, but none of the other buttons seem to be working except the volume.

Any idea? I do have the bypass done, but its been working for several months since.

I must have missed your post... sorry about that. You have a known bug with the Z2 firmware. This can be fixed by upgrading the firmware (if the hard drive has not failed). This is free way to try and fix it:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

If this does not fix your issue, then you may be looking to replace the hdd (I don't think it's the hdd that failed).

I must have missed your post... sorry about that. You have a known bug with the Z2 firmware. This can be fixed by upgrading the firmware (if the hard drive has not failed). This is free way to try and fix it:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

If this does not fix your issue, then you may be looking to replace the hdd (I don't think it's the hdd that failed).

I just found this in another thread a little while ago and have downloaded it. I'll try it out tomorrow and hopefully that takes care of the issue. Thing is that it's been fine since I did the bypass almost a year ago.

The freeze up issue does not come up right away, and it does not have anything to do with the bypass. Pioneer blames it on "heat" issues, but I think it has to do with the system using up temp space on the hdd causing it to lock up. that is why it only happens after a long time, but once it starts, it will continue until you fix it.

The freese up issue doe snot come up right away, and it does not have anything to do with the bypass. Pioneer blames it on "heat" issues, but I think it has to do with the system using up temp space on the hdd causing it to lock up. that is why it only happens after a long time, but once it starts, it will continue until you fix it.

That makes sense then. Thanks for the replies.

• 2 months later...

okay so it appears now that i am having simliar issue...

it started last weekend with the inability to use the hard keys on the bottom nor the touch screen.... but it would fade in/out... after a while i would be able to, but then it would almost go immediately back to being inoperable.,.. Stuff like the map screen just shooting off in a westward direction all by itself... and/or when trying to enter an address it would select various numbers or selections all by itself... kinda like someone was touching the screen.

At any rate, now i am at the point where there is an address in the GPS which i can not cancel, and that is awfully annoying.... and cant do anything but change volume...

NOW in full discloser, i have had the Z1 for apprx 3 years and havent had this issue until this past weekend...

SO is this firmware the fix i need? and how do i install? just burn onto disk and load into player?

maybe i should look at the link provided... going there now... in lieu of that, any help/input/suggestions/confirmation(s) are appreciated.

pls thx

matt

• 1 month later...

firmware didnt take... it ended up not being a problem after about 2-3 days...was good for a cweekor so,then back to not working again

I think it is the ribbon cable perhaps, ie maybe loose connection, or cracked wire in ribbon causing it to go in/out from time totime....also notice if it is over 40* it has no trouble-

so could very well be the ribbon or some connection thereof

mat

• 5 months later...

Hi... I have exact same issues for a year+ now... Imagine how annoying it has been...haha wen it does occasionally boot up it's hit or miss....sometimes it works like normal for a short period of time n sometimes my library jumps songs like a mofo..... I'm goin' to try the update firmware.... One question to the pros that have tried it..... After performing this firmware does everything get deleted? Songs pics etc etc? I just wanna know if it the memory will store or will I be workin with a clean hdd? Ideally I would like to keep my songs that's why I ask.... Please fil me in so I can start on the update

many thanks