AVIC411.com

HD upgrade help

Hi what are the steps in putting the z3 image onto a MK6034GAX is the unlock and lock steps needed if i'm not using the hd from my unit, just asking because the info i read involved the hd that came with the unit. That's all i need clarification on thanks. Also wanted to know what partition do you increase to gain music storage with a 60gb hd is it the MSV where the music is stored just want to be sure. if you can list the exact partition sizes for all 4 partitions when putting the z3 image onto a 60gb hd thanks. I believe that i'm only increasing the msv and leaving the rest to default but i just want to be sure thanks. If someone can clarify the steps for me it would help thanks.

If you are using a new drive that has never been installed in the Z, then you do not need to unlock it. You will want to disable security with MHDD, or the drive will automatically lock the first time it boots up in the Z.

You will only increase the MSV partition. Here are the partition sizes that I use:

LDATA 17.52 gb

SDATA 580.5 mb

MSV 37.24 gb

USER 580.5 mb