AVIC411.com

B4 I make my purchase can u help me

I currently have a Z2/Z3 and I'm thinking about buying the Z110BT this week (bc of 6ave). What should I expect as far as differences go?

Can I connect an external harddrive via USB

Can I contuinue to use my VTL300 Rear view camera

Can I continue to use my current XM device or will I have to buy a new one

Yes but support is limited, iPod support is flawless.

Yes.

Yes if it is the GEX-P920XM or the GEX-P10XMT. The P10XMT includes Navtraffic functions but they are not supported by the Z110BT however it will work perfectly for XM music. Older tuners may not be supported by the Z.

The unit does come with an adapter cable that has a female USB port and a female 1/8 inch AV plug on it. The other end of the cable is a square multi pin plug. The ipod cable is purchased separately and plugs into that cable for both USB and AV. If you are just going to use the USB for other USB devices other then ipod, you don't need to purchase anything else.

The unit does come with an adapter cable that has a female USB port and a female 1/8 inch AV plug on it. The other end of the cable is a square multi pin plug. The ipod cable is purchased separately and plugs into that cable for both USB and AV. If you are just going to use the USB for other USB devices other then ipod, you don't need to purchase anything else.

ohh ok that makes sense now.. lets say i want to connect my ipod and an USB device such as flash drive, i would have to buy the ipod cable..

this cable?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-CD-IU50V-iP ... 0323928323

not this one, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-IU50V- ... gy_e_img_a

Yes the first one you list is the one you need but you can only use one at a time. The ipod uses both the USB and AV to work properly. Honestly, I would consider the use of a USB drive out of the question. The unit just doesn't have the proper support for it. There is a file/folder limit that will pretty much make a mass storage USB device useless. The ipod however has no such limitations. Get a 160GB ipod and call it a day.

• 2 months later...
Yes the first one you list is the one you need but you can only use one at a time. The ipod uses both the USB and AV to work properly. Honestly, I would consider the use of a USB drive out of the question. The unit just doesn't have the proper support for it. There is a file/folder limit that will pretty much make a mass storage USB device useless. The ipod however has no such limitations. Get a 160GB ipod and call it a day.

I must be blind but I see no difference between the two cables. Can you please explain? I could be wrong but I don't think you can plug in both a USB flash drive AND the iPod together, regardless of which cable to use. This cable is needed only when connecting the iPod. Am I correct?

You cant plug them in together a I said in the post you quoted. It is either or. You can plug in any USB flash device and play music of of it. You have to remove the iPod cable to do so. There is someone on here that has experimented with a USB hub and got it to work but I have not seen any extensive testing from him to determine if this is a viable solution. There are some concerns when doing this.