AVIC411.com

F700bt - I think I am in trouble

I am moving this to the approprate forum. I attempted to put Diaftias mod on my F700BT. Folowed the instructions and all seemed well. Went to reboot and what do you know, the infamous "system is loading..please wait" screen. I said OK, So I erased everything on Myflashdisk and restored the files from my backup. All good I thought...went to reboot, same problem "system is loading..please wait" screen and then continued reboots. Now I am a bit nervous....Proceed to erase Myflashdisk again and restored my 2.0 backup files. Reboot and same thing, "system is loading..please wait" screen. Then I download the files for the F700BT from Turboss FTP. This has to work right?!? No chance. I have tried 3 different backups, tried deleting gpspar0,1,2,3 and also userdata/igo/save files. nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any hints,ideas or suggestions as I have exhausted all my ideas....Please help!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27155

Follow the guide again, don't miss a step. The problem that I had was like yours, but mine would go into test mode and reboot itself and if you look down @ step 9 it says if testmode reboots then just install 2.06. The issue I had was I took just the image files from the 2.06 update and tried to use those to update, but what really worked was putting the entire 2 folders downloaded from pioneers website onto a formatted SD card and starting it up, which made the unit go into update mode after the pioneer logo.. a white screen that has 2 install bars. When that is finished, then go into testmode and continue on with the steps.

This should fix all of your issues.

Hi. I'am just starting an adventure with Avic but i've done few upgrades and my suggestion are:

1. Check if you downloaded the right region version of hacked firmware (i've downloaded us version for an eu pionner - finall effect was the same loading please wait.. nothing can help

2. upgrade 3.0 firmware manally

3. after copying 3.0 firmware and software of my flash go to you local pioneer website and download 3.01 firmware according to your region

4.maybe something wrong wit sys.txt or data.zip files in igo folder - is something wrong- final effect is still the same

p.s sorry for my english :)

I have tried 3 different back up copies. my 3.0 backup, my 2.0 backup and a virgin 2.0 backup. I am fairly certain this is a windows ce issue. I need to format the wndows ce install and install a new image is my guess. Its the only thing left that I havent tried. I will let ya know how it goes!

here are the steps I have just taken

1 updated the wince image by using the service menu and selecting format sd/usb.

2 updated with the pioneer 2.06 image from their website

3 ran the 2.06 pioneer update

4 booted to testmode and formated the flash disk and copied over my 2.0 backup - in progress

next I will update to 3.01 with my pioneer update SD cards. Does this sound like a go? I sure hope so