AVIC411.com

MSN Direct to be shut down

Once again, companies (i.e., Pioneer) and consumers who chose Microsoft as a technology partner or provider are left out hanging:

MSN® Direct Service Announcement

MSN Direct service will be available only until January 1, 2012.

https://www.msndirect.com/MSNDirectServ ... ement.aspx

Microsoft recommends one contact one's navigation device vendor to inquire about returns:

FAQ

3. I just bought an MSN Direct enabled navigation device, what do I do?

MSN Direct service will continue to be available until 01/01/2012. New 12 Month subscriptions will continue to be offered through December 2010. If service beyond 01/01/2012 is a concern, please see your retailer for information on device returns.

Anyone remember PlaysForSure MP3 players and music purchased under that Microsoft system? Piece of advice: call Pioneer A.S.A.P.

Well what does my confirmation email mean???

This mail is confirmation that you successfully purchased MSN Direct Navigation Services One-time Payment on Friday, October 09, 2009. Here is a description of your purchase:

The MSN Direct Navigation Services One-time Payment Plan includes Traffic, Gas Prices, Weather, and more for a one-time payment of $99.95 + applicable taxes. Service is not transferable to a new owner if you sell the device, and may not be transferred to a different device. Service is not guaranteed beyond January 1, 2014. Your payment instrument will be charged immediately upon completion of signup. You can cancel this subscription and receive a pro-rated refund at any time during the first three years of your subscription by calling MSN Direct Customer Service at 1-866-658-7032.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...