AVIC411.com

MSN Direct Lifetime: Get nearly a full refund and 2 yrs!

So I just wanted to clearly point this out. MSN Direct users have probably seen the numerous posts about the discontinued availability and now shortening of the "lifetime" subscriptions. For the record, the MSN Direct Lifetime Subscription is now only guaranteed to be good through January 1, 2012. Well today both myself and Admin garrettoomey called MSN Direct and received very nearly FULL refunds AND still got to keep service until the new supposed end date of January 1, 2012. That's right, if you have a lifetime subscription, you can call, cancel NOW, get your prorated refund AND STILL get service until January 2, 2012. I activated my card Sunday and 2 days later have an authorized refund of $129.59 coming... I originally paid $129.95. And, again, I get to continue my service until at least January 1, 2012. These refunds will come to the address on file with MSN direct in 4-6 weeks. If you do not have an address registered with MSN Direct, you will want to login to your account profile and supply a valid address for your refund to be sent to.

So... anyone still wanting service of MSN Direct for the next couple years, until a new service of the sort comes along, I have 14 cards left. I'll keep them for another couple weeks and then I will return what has not sold. All you need to do is get one from me, activate it, maybe wait a day or 2, call MSN Direct, cancel it and confirm that you will continue to get service until 2012. Done deal. Nearly free 2 years of MSN Direct.

Those who CURRENTLY have MSN Direct Lifetime subscriptions, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you call and cancel it immediately. You should likely get the same deal we all are getting. Get as much of your money back as you can. As far I can can tell they are refunding the original purchase price, minus $0.17 a day of use so far.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

For the record the cost of the cards I have left are $140 ($129.95 + taxes, paypal fees and gas money from driving around picking them up) for active members (+10 posts and over 2 months of membership) or $165 for non-active members. I've gone through gathering these and the toil of supplying them to these active members as a contribution to the community. A "thank you" if you will to the help and guidance I've received on installs, bypasses, product selection and advice in general. Those who have not yet contributed themselves, will not reap the benefits. Those that have, will. However, if you are not an active member you may still buy them at the non-active member price. Again, just PM me for directions on how to do so.

Cheers, JR :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

If you have checked all your physical connections and are sure they are solid, personally my next step would be to call Pioneer and have them help you troubleshoot the issue. Not sure what could be the issue as it's a pretty simple module to plug in and there doesn't seem to be to much that could go wrong. Might be a faulty MSN Direct module.

Update: 11 cards left and I do NOT have access to any more.

First I'd like to say that I bought one card from you and the transaction was great from beginning to end. Thanks again. But what do you mean by your above bolded statement? You don not have access to MSN because you cancelled?

Also, I don't know why they would credit you the full amount and still give you 2 years for free if they are selling the 1 year memberships for, I believe, $79 each year. What excuse did you give them to cancel? Also, can you confirm your MSN still works and you received your refund.

Update: 11 cards left and I do NOT have access to any more.

First I'd like to say that I bought one card from you and the transaction was great from beginning to end. Thanks again. But what do you mean by your above bolded statement? You don not have access to MSN because you cancelled?

Also, I don't know why they would credit you the full amount and still give you 2 years for free if they are selling the 1 year memberships for, I believe, $79 each year. What excuse did you give them to cancel? Also, can you confirm your MSN still works and you received your refund.

What I meant was that I do not have access to anymore cards. What I have is all I can find in the area. However if I have any left come Saturday (my 30 return limit at Best Buy), I'll be returning whatever I have left, and those will likely go right in the trash or back to MSN. I have full access to the MSn service that I activated and cancelled promptly thereafter, even though as a "courtesy" for having my Lifetime Subscription reduced to a 2 year subscription they will let the service run it's course at no cost. I think there are plenty enough people on this forum that can corroborate this. I have not heard of one person NOT getting the full refund and a commitment of service through 1/1/12. Frankly I don't quite understand it either. I would have expected more of a 50% refund since they essentially cut 2 years of the previously guaranteed 4 years, but I wasn't about to argue. And frankly if they do end up cutting me off all together... I would have wanted my $129.95 back anyway, so I could go buy 2 - 1 year subscriptions for $30 less (it's $50 a year).

As Garrettoomey confirmed, you hardly even have to given them an excuse, however what I said was that I was disgusted that I purchased a module and a "lifetime" subscription that only days later turned into a year year subscription which was not worth it based on their current cost structure, not to mention I will have an obsolete MSn Direct Module in my dash in 2 years. They quickly offered the full (prorated, minus 1 day) refund and "guaranteed" service through 1/1/12. Do I take that guarantee with a grain of salt? Yes. Do I still have MSn Direct service after the "cancellation"? Yes. So it's just gravy from here... other than if they do cut it altogether I will be our the cost of the MSN Direct Module. But I forsee the service gong on for at least a little while longer an hopefully at least until 1/1/12.

• 1 month later...

There has recently been a renewed interest expressed in the MSN Lifetime Subscription cards that have been coming and going in my local area. Likely because some of us have recently gotten our refund checks and it's now proven that you can get it virtually for free... for now.

If you are interested in me finding you a card, please go to the Z-Series thread and post up. This will be the last time I check this thread.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28423&start=75

Thanks, JR