AVIC411.com

Maps etc.

Hello everyone on begining i will write that im noob in pioneer itd. I have my f700bt from 2 days so,

I have a quick question... How to put software (data.zip) in my f700bt and how to install maps too.

Thanks Every one for help. Of course + will recive on your profile too :)

This might help as far as the data.zip question...

its from: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 139#127139

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How are software modifications made to the F-Series?

A. All software modifications are performed on a separate computer, and then copied over to the F-Series. This was made possible when Pioneer released the first firmware update, which booted the F-Series directly into the Windows CE environment when the update was complete. The folder Pioneer used to access Windows CE was called Testmode, which has led to the phrase Testmode being used to describe accessing the F-Series.

To enter Testmode, follow these instructions:

• [*:1tswh6s2]
Download this file.
[*:1tswh6s2]Place the testmode and MiTACAP folders in the root of your SD card.
[*:1tswh6s2]Install the SD card in the F-Series SD slot and turn on the ignition.
[*:1tswh6s2]After a few minutes the system will load and copy some files, when that is done, close the copy window and you have full access to the Windows CE environment.

Q. What is the latest firmware version for the F-Series?

A. The latest official Pioneer firmware version for the US is 2.0. Click here for more information.

Q. How do I reload the 2.0 update if it's already installed?

A. viewtopic.php?p=135213

Q. I need a copy of the stock DATA.zip file, where can I download one?

A. Every firmware upgrade from Pioneer includes a stock copy of the DATA.zip for that firmware release.

Download DATA.zip for US software version 2.0.

Download DATA.zip for EU software version 1.9.

Q. I want to hack the unit but I feel uncomfortable with certain parts.

A. Do not bite off more than you can chew. A mistake with the software of the unit can leave you with a bricked headunit. Most times the mistake can be repaired by restoring your backup, but not always.

If you don't know what you're doing, stick to the completely modified data.zip files posted by other members.

Q. Can the F-Series be bypassed to view video and adjust settings while in motion?

A. Yes, there are two ways to bypass the F-Series:

- Hardware bypass. Click here for more information.

- Software/Hardware bypass. Click here for more information.

Q. How do I change map to display track-up in 2D mode?

A. This can not be done with 8.0.x version of iGO that the F-Series uses. The latest release of iGO, version 8.3 does offer this option, so if Pioneer releases and update with iGO 8.3 then this would be possible. Until then, there's really nothing we can do.

Q. How do I search for a ANY POI within a category, i.e. any gas station nearby?

A. Go to POI screen. Narrow down POI category as possible. Once you are at that category level, click "Search' button. Do not enter POI name and click Done. You will get a list of all POIS for that category.

Q. How do I change the layout of the keyboard?

A. When an on-screen keyboard is present, click the "Keys" button at the bottom and select desired keyboard layout.

Q. Is there a service/repair manual for the F-Series?

A. Yes, and thanks to forum members, you can download it here.