AVIC411.com

Avic Z1 Freezing during OPERATION not at START-UP

I need your help. I have an Avic Z1 but I having problems with my unit freezing during operation. Everytime this happens (which is about once a week), I'll be listening to XM radio then I'll need my navigation to search for an address. Then bam...my unit will be completely frozen. The only thing that works is the volume. I can reset it or restart it and it will loadup completely but the entire until will be frozen on the last screen that I was operating. The touchscreen will not work nor the hard buttons at the bottom (except volume). I don't ever get the freezing at "Start-up" that most people are complaining about. Pioneer sent me out the Z1 firmware update that is suppose to fix the problem. However, my unit will not take this update. It just says says something like cd inserted. It never updates.

My questions:

Have you ever heard of this? And if you think it is firmware do you think buying a updated Z3 hard drive will fix my problem? I need a really quick answer to my problem before I send this unit back to Pioneer.

Thanks,

Kleenkut