AVIC411.com

Best "cheap" back up camera you used

CMOS is crap and CCD is not. CMOS camras have very poor low light picture quality and poor picture quality in general. CCD cameras have much better low light and general picture quality. Again, Pioneer, Kenwood, and Clarion all use CCD cameras. All compact surveillance cams are CCD. CMOS is the VHS in the DVD age.

I have found a camera than says IMAGE FEATURE OV7950CMD ...........but don´t say nor CMOS nor CCD.........Do you know what´s the meaning of CMD???

CMOS is crap and CCD is not. CMOS camras have very poor low light picture quality and poor picture quality in general. CCD cameras have much better low light and general picture quality. Again, Pioneer, Kenwood, and Clarion all use CCD cameras. All compact surveillance cams are CCD. CMOS is the VHS in the DVD age.
  • 2 weeks later...

i googled it, it's a CMOS camera.

Model No: TOP-313M-M

Features:

1.)The smallest Car rear view camera:?18mm*26mm(L)

2.)1/4" CMOS(PC1030N),Super high effect

4.)420 TV Line

5.)120°wide view angle

6.)Waterproof IP67~68,anti-fog,anti-shock

7.)with reversing reference line

oh, shit!!Do you know where can I find a CCD that fits with bmw????? the problem with the pioneer one is that is too large and doesn´t fit the bmw...............

i googled it, it's a CMOS camera.

Model No: TOP-313M-M

Features:

1.)The smallest Car rear view camera:?18mm*26mm(L)

2.)1/4" CMOS(PC1030N),Super high effect

4.)420 TV Line

5.)120°wide view angle

6.)Waterproof IP67~68,anti-fog,anti-shock

7.)with reversing reference line

This is the best cheap one I've come across. The build quality is solid. I use it with my vehicle right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-ACA200W- ... 274&sr=8-1

Picture quality is very good, and so is the night view. It doesn't have IR or anything for night time, but it picks up a ton of light and I can see perfectly when backing up in total darkness. Just the light my brake lights and reverse lights cast is enough for it to work well.

I've recommended it to numerous people and they've all said it works perfect for them.

Maybe you missed the title of the thread. Were not taking about camcorders were talking about backup cams and my referernce to CMOS as "crap" was to backup cams. My experience is that CMOS backup cams give a significantly less picture image quality then CCD cams do. So, in my opinion for the best cheapest camera option is any CCD over any CMOS.