AVIC411.com

Mute the Nav Voice

To any one who knows

I have F90BT I would like to know if their is a way to mute the Nav voice. If I am on a long road trip and need to stop and get off the freeway for gas the unit tells to get back on. I dont want to hear this thing every time I need Gas.

Thanks Jeff R :mrgreen:

To cmgeye

what model do you have ? I have a F900BT & F90BT both of them work the same Just before the NAV Voice comes on the systems mutes and the same when I have an incoming Cell phone call. I am not sure but maybe your bypass is not working or wired properly. :?

i have the ft90bt. the system does mute during a call but not for NAV voices...

not sure if I am using a good ground as I was unable to get around the parking brake warning until I did the software mod. Not sure if my ground is good but I have both mute and bypass wire fused together to the back of the radio. I may try a different ground point.

This is how I bypassed my F90Bt First step fine your A/V harness take the yellow wire with the black stripe out it's the one on the end. Second step insert that yellow wire between the two black wires on the other side. That is Pin no.4 Third step connect the light green wire to that yellow wire. Last step ground them to chassis ground, try to use the same ground you used on your power harness . 8) Thanks Jeff R

for some reason the audio does Not mute when the nav voice is speaking. Very hard to hear the navigation when the music is up loud at about -32db. How can I get this to mute or have the nav volume to match or voice over the audio?

both pbrake and mute wires are grounded.

The pBrake and NON-mute wire doesn't have anything to do with why the NaV voice isn't muting the radio when the NAVI is issuing voice commands. If you were to ground the actual mute wire it would mute both NAV and RADIO simultaneously

People call this the mute wire, but after the mod is performed, its the Navigational Bypass and grounding the pBrake is the DVD bypass. You are stealing the mute wire simply because it has the special terminal clip on it, it becomes the Navigational bypass, which allows you to make NAV keyboard inputs while the vehicle is in motion.

Use the NAV settings menu to control muting of the RADIO while the NAV voice is playing.