AVIC411.com

Can anyone actually help me with Artist/title tags?

I've got a Z1.... I'm trying to burn my own compilation cd's from mp3 to a disc that can be recognised and burned by my Z1. I've been to this forum many times http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1790 and it isnt any help. I'm a dj, so I've got about 50,000 mp3's on my hard drive. All of them are tagged correctly with artist, title, album, etc. I was successful at one point using windows media player to burn a disc that my other computers recognized with artist and title info, but the Z1 gave me some strange error about multiple album something or another. Can anyone help me with some actual instructions on how to burn a disc with ID3 tags attached? I've tried Nero and Windows Media to no avail but am open to any help. Thanks!

You probably already know this:

My understanding is the database is looking for the way CD was originally made. All the songs for the entire album on one CD in order with same length of songs and space (or time) in between each track. With this information it knows which album you are trying to play and or record to the hard drive.

Andrew

My understanding is the database is looking for the way CD was originally made. All the songs for the entire album on one CD in order with same length of songs and space (or time) in between each track. With this information it knows which album you are trying to play and or record to the hard drive.

How does one explain having myself walk out of a CD shop with a newly purchased, recently released, CD and the Z1 has know idea what it is. Of course it plays the CD, but tags everything with the date, year, and time stamp when it was burned onto the library. During the recording process and the Z1 is essentially playing it off the cd it drew blanks on all info regarding the CD. I felt that to be strange and then hearing that if the cd is in fact the original layout it would recongize. Are there still some lables, recording studio's or CD production'aire's that wouldn't be updated with the "CDDB" Database? Other possibility the CD was a Fake (copied) CD. Which I sppose is entirely possible but it was double sealed and came with a DVD that worked and had the stamp on it, yadda yadda yadda. But I sppose anything is possible.

FYI: The CD was a Spanish CD but recorded in PR (United States), per the lable that is.