AVIC411.com

Adapting to Ford Sync...??? Is it possibly?

Um... yeah you CAN RETAIN FORD SYNC.

Repeat after me... RETAIN FORD SYNC. RETAIN FORD SYNC.

What you need from SonicElectronix.com is the Metra Axxess AFSI-02 unit. That what I use now. I also use the PAC SWI-PSv1. The Metra SWI is actually a repackaged PAC SWI-PS.

Oh and dont forget the Chrystler antenna adapter. Really.

And hes having problems with, RETAIN FORD SYNC. Honestly, why keep sync? Does it do more then allow you to control the head unit with your voice? If not, the Z replaces all of that so why keep the sync?

Actually their is no more problem. Never was really... i just did not understand my wiring options.

Since the SYNC needs a volume control, the steering wheel control is currenly set for SYNC. If I either set a switch and change my wire it will control the Z110BT.

Since the VR (voice recognition) engine of the Z110bt is not what i expected and problematic, the sync works fine.

oh, and at 5000miles, my SYNC sends me a vehicle health report.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, and does anyone know if you can retain the factory sub in the 2009 Super Duty's. If so, what cable part # do I need.

Thanks

retaining the factory sub is very easy< you just need the wire harness that has the sub plug that will plug into the AVIC's sub out and into the trucks sub harness, you may need to place a 1450ohm resistor inline with the amp turn on wire to keep the factory sub from "popping" during turn on and power off.

scosche FDK11B 03+ audiophile harness