AVIC411.com

GEX-P920XM not recognized by Z2 ANY help

i had a D1 and upgraded to a Z2. My GEX-P920XM worked great with the D1. I had a local shop intall the z2, and now im wondering if the tuner is compatable with the z2 since it does not have a data cable output???? the ip bus black plug is connected to the out on the tuner and the blue plug into the Z. Power and ground has been verified to the tuner and the antenna hooked up.

the XM and sirius icons on the source menu of the Z do not light up and you cannot select them. Also the xm status shows not connected no signal.

I have another tuner which is a GEX-P10XMT navtraffic. this unit has a data cable and im wondering if thats why the Z will not identify the 920 xm tuner. If the tuners are interchangeable and my connections are good. has anyone seen a Z not identify a tuner. Do i have to reset the Z and how???

i would try just pluging in the gex10 and see if it works the extra cables is only for navtraffic, if u have power and ground my guess is that the unit is defective.. should hav ethe same power plug on both tuners not 100% sure tho

hope this helps, i do have a z series..