AVIC411.com

Any success on playing Video off of SD or USB?

Hey guys, I searched forum and could not find any good recent information.

Did anyone actually had a success of viewing video on F900 or other F units off of SD card of USB? I tried AVI and MP4 formats, AVI just gives sound and no video, MP4 has slow motion video and normal sound :( ?

I have a bunch of good DVDs that I would rather convert or rip to USB or SD card and have it stored in the car instead of carrying bunch of DVDs in the car.

I have always been able to play MP4 files on USB and SD. I remember playing from USB was the worse of the two. Playing from an SD card seem to work but it took a very long time to start and it seemed to affect the performance of the whole unit. When I converted an AVI file to MP4 I usually use Videora's Ipod convertor and that seem to do the job.

I was also able to play AVI DIVX files from both SD and USB after I followed the intructions in the following link.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4950&p=33774&hilit=divx+avic+exe#p33774

While it worked and it just it ran a lot better from DVD drive. USB even played the file but it made the picture really small. SD seem to work fine but it had the same issues as playing an MP4 file. Pioneer said it could not play DIVX files from SD or USB but I am thinking there were more issues with it and it was easier to say it doesn't work and it is not supported than to say it might work.

Hope this helps,

Dave