AVIC411.com

Newbie Questions

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and thought I might be able to get some thoughts about the AVIC-F7010BT. I just bought it and will be installing it next week. I will be installing it in my 2007 Mustang GT. I have the stock Shaker 500 in my car right now. I was curious to see if anyone had an tips or things to watch out for when installing it. I am still needing to buy an Ipod connector, and don't know if there is reallly a different between the one Pioneer makes and the generic brand connector.

Make sure you get a wiring harness that is specific to the Shaker 500. There are 2 versions available, the non Shaker harness will not work properly.

There are also 2 other options to consider with the wiring harness. A standard harness which will require you to manually locate the VSS wire, parking brake wire, illuminatin wire and reverse wire or go with a PAC interface or similar which will provide those connections with the harness. The PAC interface, however, is quite a bit more expensive but will save you a lot of frustration if you are not very familiar (or just don't want to deal with) with the locations of the VSS etc. You will also have to convert the remote amplifier remote turn on wire to 5 volts from 12 volts otherwise you hear a loud "thump" when the unit turns on, this is taken care of by the PAC interface though. If I had to do it over again I would go with the PAC interface. Shop around you should be able to get it for under $100

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails ... egoryID=26

BTW the VSS - dark blue w/ yellow stripe @ PCM, top plug, pin 3

the PCM is in the front passenger side of the engine compartment