AVIC411.com

Can I check VSS?

Is there a way to tell if I hooked the VSS up to the right wire? I did a lot of searching and found what I think is the correct wire, but I don't know for sure. I went into the calibration in the navi settings and the speed pulse just kept climbing. I turned the car off and back on, it stayed were it was, and started climbing some more as I drove. I was thinking the speed pulse would go up and down with my speed. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi R-2,

I recently connected my VSS and, like yours, the speed pulse climbs continuously if you look in the 3D calibration screen, but if you look in the connection status screen (I might be wrong on what it is called, but it is the first button in the navi setting screen) There is a meter that will go up and down as you accelerate. If you are stationary it will read 0, and you are moving it will continue to rise up until a certain point where the meter will be maxed out and it will just say "OK" or something along those lines. Also, I'm not sure if this will happen automatically, but in the calibration screen if it says "simple hybrid" click on that and tell it to clear so that it will re-learn your settings with the VSS connected.