AVIC411.com

loading Mexico maps?

hey there people, i have f90bt and im wondering how i can get the unit to display mexico maps, i was looking at my current maps and they go blank south of the border..i will be driving down there for the holidays and would like to know if there is a way to get the unit to display a map for down there...any help would on how i can accomplish this will be greatly appreciated thanks

You can get the MX map from the "Updated Maps" thread, check the third to last post. Pioneer doesn't load them because they put the unit over the limit for storage so you'll have to delete Canada or some other place you have no intention on ever visiting.

EDIT: Don't get the update, I am going to do you a favor and package up the three files you need and upload them to my server. Check your PMs for the file loction

You still have to delete something though; Canada is probably best so make your full backup of the unit in testmode, copy the entire cntents of "My Flash Disk" to a blank SD card and put that card in a safe place. Now, go into apl2/iGo/Content

Go into the dem, map, poi and building folders, delete anything to do with Hawaii and Canada (since you'll almost certainly never go to Hawaii too)

Now, go get the file I uploaded (check your PMs) and put the files in the folder they belong in, map, dem and poi.

Now restart the unit, should be working just fine. Anyone else chime in if I left out something.

i deleted all of canada hawaii and alaska files and replaced them with the one you sent me...and restarted the unit only to find out the mexico still shows blank....anything else you might have forgotten about...i followed ur steps carefully, replaced everyhting still no maps for MX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...