AVIC411.com

EDIT: voice change on f700 successful

So I was wondering, if the f series was released in the us, can, and england; I am assuming that the england version of software includes the correct accent for that country, right or wrong?

If it does, it there a way to use the english/uk or british accent from that software on the american versions?

And again I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I did try to search the forum and found nothing closely related.

jordie

I don't know if the UK version has a silly British accent but in either case the TTS voices are portable and you can add any you like, but they can be a hassle to get working since doing so will void your warranty.

as far as I know there is no more warranty on my unit. I have had it a year now and done so much modding to it im not worried about a warranty. But if any of our UK f series friends could let us know if they have a correct accent in the UK version?

Thanks

I don't know if the UK version has a silly British accent but in either case the TTS voices are portable and you can add any you like, but they can be a hassle to get working since doing so will void your warranty.

as far as I know there is no more warranty on my unit. I have had it a year now and done so much modding to it im not worried about a warranty. But if any of our UK f series friends could let us know if they have a correct accent in the UK version?

Thanks

What's with the silly bit?Yes there is a English accent available complete with English pronunciations(ie route not rout)It is

voice_eng_uk_f1_zip

or

voice_tts_nav_eng_uk_f1_zip

found in apl2/igo/contents/voices

Have a nice day! :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whats up with the sill British accent comment, I am British and proud of it, and I think my accent is just fine, the originol poster asked a question no need to insult people.!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

When you guys select a TTS voice to use, does it play a test sound? I have been trying to get the TTS Samantha voice to work, but no luck. I select it in the regional/language menu, but there is no test sound. When I go to the map and plot a course there is no voice either. I'm thinking that maybe some TTS files got messed up or there is some line in sys.txt that I'm missing.

I've also got the same problem as some people above where I can place other TTS files with the original ones in the IGO folder, but they don't appear when choosing from inside the pioneer software.

I've tried importing from the sd card again and no luck their either. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.