AVIC411.com

Upgrade D3 to X series

I have a D3 and recently had a F900 series that I tried out, I would assume its not much different then the new X series. I too was concerned with what changes as far as harness and plugs. I can tell you this. You'll have to change the GPS antenna since the plug is different. The microphone had a different jack as well. The main harness for the unit us the same however some of the wires going into the harness differed a bit, I recall I did the hack on the D3 so that might explain a different wire. The unit did work with the same harness but it did have some issues. Hope this helps as I was in a similar situation.

Derk:

Take a look at my original post on this topic if you would:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28925

Can you post there with more specifics? For example, I've been told the microphone is EXACTLY the same on the D, F, and X series. Are you SURE it changed? It looks like the exact same microphone. Same question for the GPS antenna...one of the head honchos of this forum has said the antenna and connector is exactly the same.

If you look at photos of the rear of the D and X series, the GPS and mic connectors sure LOOK identical.

See if you can post back at my original question and provide more details....thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28925

JD