AVIC411.com

VR Catalog Issues with 2nd Gen iPod Touch 32g

Hey everyone,

So, I am having issues with my ipod touch 32gb syncing with the VR catalog. When I plug it in, it will sync for hours, but not actually update. Then, I am getting an error message when I stop the sync. I have seen one other post after searching, but no one has replied to it with a fix. Is there a fix, or should I just be content with my VR catalog being unable to sync? FYI, I just upgraded my ipod to the new 3.0 software, it was not working before, it is not working now. It did, however, work once when I first got the unit. I am beginning to wonder if, when I did the 2.0 pioneer upgrade early this year, if that affected anything. Any thoughts???

The first time was a three hour trip. The music played, but he catalog kept updating. Today, I gave up after 40 minutes.

Can't say for sure then; how much music is on the player? You do use iTunes to manage it, yes? I know when I used MediMonkey I had a lot of trouble with the VR. You could try turning it off and using the VR to see if it cataloged anything at all.

While not directly applicable since I use a 5th Gen ipod with 30GB on it, I can tell you that the Pioneer 3.0 update made a huge difference in VR cataloging, it looks like they finally implemented it doing only delta changes rather then re-cataloging the WHOLE ipod every time, I actually leave it on VR catalog = on now.