AVIC411.com

Suddenly bluetooth stops synching?

I have an F700BT, and a Palm 800w phone.

Worked fine ever since I got the F700 right when it was released, worked fine after I updated to 2.0.

Last week, the blue led was off, and my phone didn't sync, it took me about an hour of turning the bluetooth off/on to get it to even see my phone, deleted the old pairing, re-paired it, worked for the rest of that drive, then again now it doesn't sync and the blue light stays off.

Any thoughts?

Mine has started doing the same thing. started a couple of weeks ago, I thought it might be software related so I upgraded to version 3.0. Upgrade arrived today, installed it and still no luck. I went into the setup menu (reset, eject, menu, map) then the unlock code. Under there I went into the bluetooth menu and got an error "cable unplugged" when I selected the option for Bluetooth MAC. I assume this is an internal hardware issue, but I was hoping there might an easy fix?

Can anyone help? Likewise were you able to get yours working again?

Thanks in advance for any help

• 1 month later...

Ok mine was able to sync today and so far appears to be working again.

The only thing I did differently, was to select the "pair from mobile phone" option first when in the "add device" menu. Good luck to all and hope this works for you as well!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can make mine work pretty consistently now.

Basically if I turn the car on and it isn't working, if I go to the phone settings, then check the bluetooth software version, it displays "not found" rather than the version #.

If I then turn bluetooth off/on 4 times, the software version will show correct (...SW330 RC3...), and the phone will sync up and work for the duration of the unit remaining on.

I too have recently had this problem. IMO there are far too many people 'suddenly' having the exact same problem for this to be merely a coincidence.

This reminds me of the time-aware camera bug the Motorola Droid phones had when they were first released. I think Pioneer needs to be pointed to this thread so more awareness can be raised of the scope of this problem.

• 1 month later...

i fixed this problem on my f90bt with official 3.0 installed by updating the bluetooth with the PRIMARY version found on pioneers's website. hell this even makes the phone ring whereas before the music would go silent but there wouldnt be a ring.so if your bluetooth stops syncing, can't connect or find your phone, or if you dont hear a ring when receiving a call, download the 3 files from pioneer, put them on an sd card, unplug your ipod or usb device, update the bluetooth files and your set