AVIC411.com

3.01 Update Software Bypass Mod

Hello there,

I have recently updated to firmware 3.01 to try to fix an issue I was having. All of a sudden, my software bypass stopped working to where I am no longer able to watch video or edit settings and/or GPS locations. I called the guy that installed it for me a while back and asked how he grounded it because it keeps saying the parking break is not connected. He claims that he hooked it up to a ground and that its a software issue according to his pioneer rep.

This is what made me update to 3.0 firmware, which I purchased to fix the issue. I still wasnt able to get it to work so I took it to the guy that installed it for me to have it checked and he claimed that it worked when he turned the car on to pull it in the garage. I then brought it home and edited the data.zip to change the parking brake speed to 256.0 in the pioneer.ini file. No luck. The video stays on for a few minutes then comes up with the error saying the parking brake is not connected.

Should I have the guy that installed it take a look at the wiring or is it still a software issue?

If there is a problem with the grounded wire it will cause that issue. The software bypass works as you have it as long as the P brake wire is grounded. Your installer probably just doesn't want to admit there is a problem with his install. Either check the grounded P brake wire or do the hardware bypass if you want the problem to go away.

The installer did a custom fiberglass install for me which makes it impossible for me to take it out. When this unit was in my WRX, it was really easy for me to get to because it fit in easily. I had the hardware mod done when it was in that car but he had to do a custom wiring harness which makes it impossible to to the hardware bypass.

The installer claims that the radio wouldn't even work if the ground wire wasn't hooked up correctly so he refuses to take it out to check the wire. He claims that everything is software based with this problem. Did I possibly miss a step in the software mod?