AVIC411.com

iPod Touch + F700BT

Hi all,

I have an F700BT and my friend is trying to hook up an iPod touch. We are using the USB cable attached to the USB jack on the F700BT. The iPod interface comes up normally on the F700BT and the iPod acknowledges it is connected. We can browse the iPod's library through the F700BT, but there's no sound when playing (volume all the way up).

Has anyone experienced and resolved this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Here check this out it's called an CD-IU230V cable. Goole it or go Pioneers web site. Make sure you get a genuine Pioneer or Apple cable. If you don't you can have problems. I have an 32Gb Ipod Touch and it worked with the after market cable but it didn't charge my Ipod, switched to a genuine cable and all is well. It charges and plays all my audio and video just fine. I hope that helps. Jeff R

OK so I need both the CD-RM10 and the CD-IU230V from what I'm reading - the CD-RM10 to attach the RCA jacks to the front panel (I paid a guy to set up my system and I don't think he hooked up any RCA stuff in the back, so I'll have to go the front route...).

Does this seem correct?

OK so I need both the CD-RM10 and the CD-IU230V from what I'm reading - the CD-RM10 to attach the RCA jacks to the front panel (I paid a guy to set up my system and I don't think he hooked up any RCA stuff in the back, so I'll have to go the front route...).

Does this seem correct?

no.. it's not, the CDIU230V is the USB cable with RCA jacks, it's the same as the Apple Composite cable, and it will not work with the front jack, you need to be using the RCA jacks in the back for the ipod.

The installation sheet and manual show all this, you're going to have to get to the back for the RCAs to use them for the ipod.

dianebrat - have you even looked at the CD-RM10? It has the RCA jacks... http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-RM10-C ... B000NPFV06

Yes I have, and it's NOT going to work right!

The way the inputs work for the ipod and USB functionality you need to use AV1 which is in the rear, if you use the front with the RM10, then you won't get the USB control off the head unit since when you want to listen you're on AV2, but the controls are over on AV1.

You're making this way harder then it has to be, read the install sheet, do it correctly, and you'll be glad you did, the combo you want to use is a hack and won't work right.

• 2 weeks later...
dianebrat - have you even looked at the CD-RM10? It has the RCA jacks... http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-RM10-C ... B000NPFV06

Yes I have, and it's NOT going to work right!

The way the inputs work for the ipod and USB functionality you need to use AV1 which is in the rear, if you use the front with the RM10, then you won't get the USB control off the head unit since when you want to listen you're on AV2, but the controls are over on AV1.

You're making this way harder then it has to be, read the install sheet, do it correctly, and you'll be glad you did, the combo you want to use is a hack and won't work right.

DianeBrat is absolutely 100% correct. if you put the stereo into ipod mode it recieves audio/video through av1. There is no way to get input from av2 while in ipod mode

To weaseal

they are pointing you in the right direction !! You must us AV1 input in rear of your unit and must use CD-IU230V cable. If you want your Ipod to work properly, And use a real Pioneer cable if you want it to work right. I bought one on E-bay (open Box) for $5.98 the BEST-BUY outlet (dealTree) make sure it's a Pioneer cable. AV2 is good for A/V from an exturnal source like a DVD player or Video game not an IPOD. Also you must go into A/V settings and change AV1 to Ipod. I have an 32Gb Ipod touch and it did not chagre from the aftermarket cable I bought from the local car audio store. I hope that helps you. Follow the manual. If you do not have one just download it from Pioneer WEB site. Ok Thanks Jeff R :D

post-37027-12872760360424_thumb.jpg

From page 94 of your owners manual.

Using the USB interface cable for iPod enables you to connect your iPod to the navigation system. For connection,USB interface cable for iPod (CD-IU230V) (sold separately) is required.

Also see page 9 of your installation manual. If you don't have these, they can be found here.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 00BT?tab=D

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to taking the radio out and attaching the CD-IU230V in the back. Guess what, it still doesn't work! I'm using genuine Pioneer cables, attached to the rear "Audio in" cables (the original Pioneer labels are still attached). Again, the iPod interface comes up but there is NO SOUND!

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm going on a 48 hour road trip in 3 days and this is crucial!

I finally got around to taking the radio out and attaching the CD-IU230V in the back. Guess what, it still doesn't work! I'm using genuine Pioneer cables, attached to the rear "Audio in" cables (the original Pioneer labels are still attached). Again, the iPod interface comes up but there is NO SOUND!

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm going on a 48 hour road trip in 3 days and this is crucial!

Nevermind...I'm an idiot...AV1 was turned off in settings :) we're all good now!