AVIC411.com

Can One Do Both VSS and Bypass?

So I was talking to a car audio guy about doing the bypass and having them hook up my vss wire.

He said he didn't think you could hook up the vss and do the bypass - that unit will detect the movement from the vss and give an error. True or false?

So I have the back up cam and Sirius radio. Will I lose any functionallity in doing the bypass - or is it as simple as moving the mute wire over one pin and then thaking that wire with the parking wire and grounding them...?

:roll:

That car audio guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Just print out the bypass instructions at the top of this forum and provide them to him. Tell him to follow these directions to the letter to achieve the bypass properly. There is only one way to do the bypass the right way and this is it. Also you will loose functionability if you DONT do the bypass.

Thanks!

When I was talking to him he mentioned the old "Z" units ..so he was questioning the mod, saying that with the older units it wasn't so easy...but he was ok to do my unit, if I knew it would work.

He said the one unit the other shop did (the older model), they had to completely reflash the unit and it took two hours. :shock:

He was just warning me...just in case I didn't know what I was getting myself into. That's why I posted...just to double-check. :roll: