AVIC411.com

Having a lot of trouble playing music from an SD on the F700

I've had the F700BT now for around 8 months. USB and SD MP3 playing has always been a nightmare no matter which firmware I've installed. Currently I'm at the newest one, 3.01. This one is easily the worst yet for MP3 support on SD. My problem is I'll insert the SD card and only the last song that I was listening to will play. Out of 14gb's of MP3's on a 16gb SD I can only play one song once. After that the system completely freezes up until I remove the SD card.

Is there a trick to getting the MP3's on an SD card JUST right so the stupid F700 can do whatever it needs to do in order to play them? I have all of the MP3's divided into two folders? Am I doing something wrong here? :?

Do u have all the songs on a sd card or have them split up into differant folders. I had them all on a sd card and the unit would freeze up all the time. The trick is to split all of your somgs up and put them in folders on your sd card like tunes 1 and so on. After i did this it ran perfect.