AVIC411.com

Display name of caller?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I searched for a while and wasn't able to find anything. Right now I have the newest software but when people call me it only shows me a phone number instead of the persons name even though the person is in my contacts list. Is there anyway I can make it show me the name of the person calling so I don't have to look at my phone to find out? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

i don't have the 1 before the area code and i still have no names as well with a blackberry bold!! :evil:

Look at the number in the call log on your phone and make sure it is in your address book in the exact same format it comes in as. Once that is done resync the address book.

EDIT: This infrormation is not 100% complete. You need to do this but you also might need to open the address book on the Avic with some software like SQLite to see how things are coming over.

You need to do this but you also might need to open the address book on the Avic with some software like SQLite to see how things are coming over.

Sorry for the dumb questions but how would I do this? All the numbers that I have in my address book are exactly like they are when people call me.

You need to do this but you also might need to open the address book on the Avic with some software like SQLite to see how things are coming over.

Sorry for the dumb questions but how would I do this? All the numbers that I have in my address book are exactly like they are when people call me.

Boot into testmode and navigate to the flashdisk. Then it's (from memory) in user/userdata/phone/phonebook. I am not sure that is right but it should give you an idea. Copy the phonebook file to SD card and open it with sqlite. Make any changes and copy it back. Just make sure you have automatic phonebook synching turned off so it does not overwrite the one you changed.

Can somebody tel me what should be the correct way number should be stored in AVIC.

I've tried in following with no luck:

+48 (are code) (phone number)

0048 (are code) (phone number)

(are code) (phone number)

In all this cases my Nokia show on the screen how's calling but avic not, always the number :/

• 2 weeks later...
Can somebody tel me what should be the correct way number should be stored in AVIC.

In all this cases my Nokia show on the screen how's calling but avic not, always the number :/

I just went in and looked at my db file. The numbers were all in different format. So I went into my iphone and they were all the same (areacode) prefix - siffix. I then went into my contacts list in mobileme web app and they were in the same format as the DB. So go into wherever you entered the contact and look at the format there. You want it to be the number with no spaces or parenthesis or hyphens. so just 4085551212

jezikk wrote:

I try it and I confirm, It should be numbers without spave, brackets, ... +48xxxxxxxxxx

With my Nokia, even with Polish phone numbers the AVIC is able to display name: One polish friend just called me this afternoon with her mobile phone. [unfortunatly, I don't have my car with the AVIC in Poland so I couldn't test it there]

Thx for testing it, can it be somehow connected with hacked ezrider.exe ? I've tried the format +48xxxxxxxxx (all my phone numbers in my nokia phone are stored in this way) but avis is just showing the number 0xxxxxxxxx calling. When I change the format to 0xxxxxxxxx and store it in the avic phonebook it's still showing that number 0xxxxxxxxx calling :/

I will try to get back to original state (restore my backup) and test it with all original files. I'll let you you know the the end of the week.