AVIC411.com

I bought the AVIC-Z100BT, now I need advice..

I live in the Middle East and I just purchased and received the AVIC-Z100bt and installed it.

Now I have the following problems or questions.

Q1. Is there any way to change the Maps to the middle east or change the GPS software?

Q2. FM Radio here skips every 50mhz but the avic is stuck on 200mhz (I am not gettig all the channels)?

Q3. We do not get XM here but the alternative is the mother company World Space, If I purchase the GEX-P920XM and install it can I get the satellite radio channels or is XM fixed on certain channels?

I have seached the net for answers to these questions and found no response.

For Q2. I remember I once purchased a pioneer CD/tape player 7-10 years ago and there was an option to change it but so far I have not seen this in the AVIC.

Thanks.

I understand that it is using windows CE system..

Thanks.

It is not using Windows CE, it uses Windows Automotive and there is no indication that this unit will ever be hacked. You may want to try the F10BT which is the same unit for Europe. As to weather they make a Middle East version or not I can not say. I have never seen a reference for one.

I live in the Middle East and I just purchased and received the AVIC-Z100bt and installed it.

Now I have the following problems or questions.

Q1. Is there any way to change the Maps to the middle east or change the GPS software?

Q2. FM Radio here skips every 50mhz but the avic is stuck on 200mhz (I am not gettig all the channels)?

Q3. We do not get XM here but the alternative is the mother company World Space, If I purchase the GEX-P920XM and install it can I get the satellite radio channels or is XM fixed on certain channels?

I have seached the net for answers to these questions and found no response.

For Q2. I remember I once purchased a pioneer CD/tape player 7-10 years ago and there was an option to change it but so far I have not seen this in the AVIC.

Thanks.

The only solution for Q2 is buy the European version of the Z110, the F10. However, I realise that doesn't help you now.... :?

The funny thing is I looked at the european version and although I knew that the chances are that I would never be able to replace the maps I accepted this risk.

I never once thought of the FM issue... anyways I am now also talking to worldspace to see about the XM issue.. I have not purchased the XM adapter. I will ask around the market more.

For me the two main reasons for buying the system was the IPOD connector and the bluetooth phone connection.

Buying through Amazon it was almost $900. The only other option was the Kenwood DDX8032BT

which would result in me buyin an external navigation unit and the result would have been $1600 So I think I made the right choice in buying this unit.

For nagivation I have 3 options, I have 2 mobile phones that I am not using and all have good navigation systems and I can add anything to them and now I have an IPHONE 3GS which means any of these 3 can be connected through the auxilary inputs of the AVIC. I just need to do some reading on how to setup the gadgets.

Thanks.

Well the unit is certainly the best ipod controller so you are good ta go there. However there will be no cell phone navi integration with this unit other then for BT hands free functions. I went to the Pio EU site and selected Turkey as my country and the F10BT is listed on the site. Don't know if that means anything but it may be an option for you. Good luck.

Thanks for all the info.

There is one more thing I need help with, I installed the unit myself. I was able to easily custom fit the USB cable into the moulding of the car on one of the available slots of the car, my only problem now is the 3mm jack, is there anyway I can custom fit it with clamps or screws into the moulding of the car.

I have a Nissan Armada 2006 without navigation and bose system.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...