AVIC411.com

Can I connect two cameras to Avic 900?

I have a very low riding car and every time I park with my front to the curb I am afraid to damage front bumper. So I was thinking it would be great to install front camera.

I plan to install rear view camera this week and I will run it to the switched permanent power so I can have a rear view when ever I want it to - not just in reverse. At the same time since my dashboard will be in pieces I was hoping I can install front camera, but looked on the forum and did not find if I can do it and if so how?

Thanks.

I'm actually working on a little circuit to enable me to do this, I wanted to be able to have "modes" selectable by a switch in which different camera will be on, etc.... hopefully I can get it working soon and I can detail it here.

Notes on the circuit.......

4 different systems to be controlled by a single circuit, with 3 different modes(Normal, Rear Mode, Front Mode). 4 systems are:

1) Rear Parking sensors

2) Front parking sensors

3) Rear camera

4) Front camera

Inputs to circuit

a) Car reverse signal(triggered when car is put into reverse gear), 12v signal

B) Front camera output(signal coming from front camera), RCA composite

c) Rear Camera output(signal coming from rear camera), RCA composite

Outputs of circuit

d) Reversing sensors power(12v)

e) Front sensors power(12v)

f) Headunit Reverse signal(12v) - triggers headunit to display whatever is coming from camera input. If not on, headunit will NOT display camera input

g) Headunit camera input. RCA composite

Requirements:

Normal Mode

- Front camera OFF

- Front sensors OFF

- IF car is put into reverse,

- Rear camera ON

- Rear sensors ON

- All front(camera and sensors) OFF

Front Mode

- Front camera ON

- Front sensors ON

- IF car is put into reverse,

- Rear camera ON

- Rear sensors ON

Rear Mode

- Rear camera ON

- Rear sensors ON

I have actually done this feat before. The way i did it was to just use a relay with a toggle switch. have the relay be activated with the toggle switch. when the toggle switch is not activated have it provide power to rear camera. When you flip the switch have the relay provide the power to the front camera. would just also need a rca 2 to one adapter.

yeah, that would be the simpler way, considered that but decided to switch the video signal rather than power instead because of possible bootup time issues with the camera...ie. if the camera takes a while to turn on, I don't want to wait for it. Also, the 2 RCA to 1 RCA adapter does work as well when only one camera is on, but when there's two constantly on, then it won't work. Figured it would be fun to design and build the circuit anyway, with my crappy electronics skillz :)