AVIC411.com

F500BT issues / help needed

Hi all...

I have build it in my car and connected it to my car stereo (bmw 2001)

I'm serving the forum for tips and pointers but still have some issues.

1 I have a slow gps fix. Sometimes up to more then 5 minutes. I bought a seperate GPS receiver and connected it and placed the wired receiver in another spot where the signal should be fine. But no solution.

2 When I turn the device off for longer then about 3 hours, I lose my settings from mp3 (last number, EQ settings etc) en the mp3 (from usb) starts all over again, very anoying.

3 TMC traffix works fine, but you don't have an option what to do when there's a traffic jam. Only 2 settings, recalculation without warning, or just do nothing. Normally you well get an option something like this: There is 6 km traffic jam, do you want a detour or continue your route?

Next to that is have to press to much buttons to see the traffic information, and besides that I can't see wich information is on my route because it shows all information... Around my living adress no problem but when I'm not formiliar around it's a pain in the a**

4 Can I turn of the mute function of the navigation (while using the radio)? I can turn it if when the USB is playing but not when the radio is playing...

It's anoying in the city, when listening to FM, that the navigation stops every few seconds your song...

5 If device is longer switched of the a couple of hours, the boot time is up to a minute or something...

when the device is switched on in a few minutes, it's fast...

Can anyone give me some help?

I love the device, but these little thing makes my wanna change it. I can't use it on a busy working day that the fix is up to 5 minutes (to be sure: The device go's on and off on the some spot. When there is a fix the device see's about 10 satelites and gives a high accuracy)

Hey Dude,

i have also a F500 and come from D and i will try to help you.

1. Sometimes GPS takes a few minutes, mostly go faster. Do you have a Sun-Protect-Glass? This could be an Reason.

2. can´t help you, i´m not using mp3 with 500er

3. can´t help you. The TMC could have more Options, your right. I don´t no if this is a Problem of TA Maps?

4. this is possible with a Skin/Mod. I think one of the best new Functions

5. normally the F500 goes in Standby when you turn off your car? Try a Short-Push off and then on while you are driving, then turn off your car. I also tried this and the F500 starts everytime very fast.

Best Regards

Hey Dude,

i have also a F500 and come from D and i will try to help you.

1. Sometimes GPS takes a few minutes, mostly go faster. Do you have a Sun-Protect-Glass? This could be an Reason.

I'm a prof mechanic, I build in lots of navigation devices, this is way to long...

2. can´t help you, i´m not using mp3 with 500er

3. can´t help you. The TMC could have more Options, your right. I don´t no if this is a Problem of TA Maps?

The map doest change the TMC settings I guess... It's the software

4. this is possible with a Skin/Mod. I think one of the best new Functions

I'm gonna try that...

5. normally the F500 goes in Standby when you turn off your car? Try a Short-Push off and then on while you are driving, then turn off your car. I also tried this and the F500 starts everytime very fast.

Tried it already, doesn't matter...

Only if the device is of for a few minutes it's fast...

Best Regards

• 1 month later...

Also just started using the F500BT.

Some things are well thought out, others not.

Getting the hacks done is first priority.

Did the bypass (monday the hand brake wire will be connected)

Alse included the mute button and the end route button.

TMC is not well implemented. It reroutes automatically without an option, which results in routes that are longer than the traffic jam.

So I at least need a button to sho the Traffic list on the map screen (I will search, butif someone knows..please let me know)

GPS fix is very fast. Only cold start can take a few minutes, never had more than 3 minutes while driving.

Battery is dead within half an hour. If you undock make sure you always shut down device completely (hold four 5 secs).

Btw, I can leave my car out for a day and when starting the car, the device is immediately back up.

Let me know if you find a solution on TMC. How does Igo 8.3 handle this normally?